It's not the registration I object to - it's the fact that the registration isn't secure. There's no padlock symbol on the bottom bar of the registration page and it doesn't say it's secure, just that the information won't be used if you don't want it to be..

That's why I registered with incomplete information. I already get enough spam, junk mail and cold phone calls without giving someone an opportunity to intercept this information through registering on an insecure web page.

There was one day when each time I tried to log on to ebay the padlock symbol was missing, even when I tried their "secure login", so I didn't log on at all that day. I waited till the following day when it was back.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK