Having JUST taken a class with Christine Springett with the specific goal
to learn to make a respectable leaf, (mission accomplished!), I can report
that while I initially struggled to make a leaf the same way I make
tallies, she encouraged me, saying that if I could do it that way, she
would not tell me no.  She added that once a beautiful leaf is made, no one
will ever know which way you used.  But my efforts were not rewarded until
I caved in and worked the leaf like she demonstrated.  So for me, a tallie
is made one way, a leaf another.  

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



> [Original Message]
> From: Carol Adkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Arachne <[email protected]>
> Date: 2/28/2006 11:18:01 AM
> Subject: Re: [lace] Tallies/& Leaves
>
> Hi All,
>
> When I started making lace - far too many years ago! - I was shown both
the
> 'on the pillow' method and the 'in hand' method of leaves.   I went for
the
> former - mainly because the tutor also told me that, when the leaves are
> done 'in hand' it is more difficult to keep to a symmetrical shape, as one
> tends to favour one side, so the leaves turn out fatter on one side.   I
> didn't try the method for long enough to find out, as I went for the
> 'pillow' method - but I do wonder how true that is!
>
> Carol - in a sunny/snowy/haily/rainy Suffolk UK - it just can't make up
its
> mind!!!
>
> Subject: Re: [lace] Tallies/& Leaves
>
>
> > I have seen a couple of people work the leaves and tallies in their
hands.
>
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to