Theresa, I'll grant you that the ILSoft website needs some attention, but I
don't agree that the information is "bogus".

There was a huge upheaval at ILSoft last year...which has left the
owner/programmer of Lace 2000 trying to do everything in his company by
himself - and he is not a lacemaker.  And, because of its relatively small
turnover, Lace 2000 is a minor part of his business, and gets an accordingly
minor part of his attention.

I know that he used a work-experience student to update his website...and
obviously that's where the confusion arose about referring people to The
Lace Studio website.  The Lace Studio is no more, so that's why the links
don't lead anywhere.   I have written to England about that matter.

However, the programme IS still supported - and as I've repeatedly said, all
anyone has to do is email me for help and support.   I will also send you
privately a demo version of the programme.

As for updates...the version of the programme being sold is the 2002
version, and includes any patches which were needed by owners of earlier
versions of the programme.  The version which needed patches has not been
sold for several years now.   Having said that, I only know of one small
programming error, and I do have a solution for that, and have sent it to
several Arachnes in the last couple of weeks - it is free of charge to any
owners of the programme.

Anything I say about Easy Lace (for which I wrote the instruction book,
similar to the one I wrote for Lace 2000) or Knipling will not be seen as
unbiased, because of my involvement with Lace 2000.

Sufficient to say that, long before I had any involvement with the company
at all, I had tried the others, and chose Lace Designer Gold (which was the
forerunner of Lace 2000) for myself.   Since then I have tried the others
again, and still I keep coming back to Lace 2000.

Both Easy Lace and Knipling are far more "technical" in nature, and from my
observations of Easy Lace users both in Australia and England, it appears to
be less "intuitive" and harder to come to terms with...the language is more
difficult for lacemakers to relate to.

I will say one more thing - my direct involvement with ILSoft now goes back
about 6 years...and most of the work I've done in that time is on a purely
voluntary basis.   So I'm not trying to "sell" you on Lace 2000 in order to
make money - in fact, as I've also said before, I'm only allowed to sell
within Australia, so it does not affect me whether anyone anywhere else in
the world buys Lace 2000 or not.

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)