From: Elizabeth Ligeti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I am thinking of trying my hand at Tambour lace.
> I believe there are 2 books available - one by Fukuyama, and the
> other the Liers lace by Greet Rome-Verbeylen.

Lierse Kant (Lier Lace) is a kind of tambour.  Tambour appears to refer
to all kinds of chain-stitch embroidery, on net or on fabric.  Liers is
only done on net.  Personally, I always disliked tambour until I saw
Greet's work.  I fell in love with her pieces at the IOLI conference a
couple of years ago.  Her beginner's sampler (for the class she was
teaching, and in her book) is just beautiful, and what she was working
on was spectacular.  Last summer, I got to take a workshop from her in
Pennsylvania and still love it, but still don't like the style of
tambour shown in Fukuyama's book.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
(formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)