On Mar 6, 2006, at 9:30, Barb ETx wrote:

I Love this. It *is* a little like milking a 'fairy' cow......I guess, as I
haven't  milked any kind of cow.

It's a very memorable description, but hardly accurate, unless fairy cows differ vastly from real ones... :) You don't _pull_ on a teat; you move your fingers down while squeezing hard. Doing the same thing to a bobbin wouldn't affect the tensioning at all.

Yours, having learnt to milk cows some 35 years before touching a bobbin,
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/