Knightia, Rewarewa, New Zealand Honeysuckle Latin name is Proteaceae it grows in the north island and the northern part of the south island of NZ
Dorte from sunny DK, and my  bike is coming home today

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Greyling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:31 AM
Subject: [lace] Rewarewa? Type of wood or ?

Hi

I bought a secondhand mother-and babe bobbin a few weeks ago. When I removed the old thread on the head I found a label with the word "Rewarewa" My guess is that it is an Australian type of wood.

Can anyone confirm or shed more light on this.

(A mother and babe bobbin is a bobbin with a smaller one carved inside the shank of the usual bobbin. The small bobbin, baby, is visible inside the bigger one the mother.)

Linda Greyling
Helderkruin
South Africa