Not lace related, but, as a lot of you sew as well, I hope someone can help. I've just bought a second-hand Husqvarna Iris embroidery/sewing machine. Thought that's all I was getting, but, in addition to a card with 24 embroidery designs, it also had an embroidery card reader/writer and software with it for connecting to a computer. Only thing is there isn't a power cable for the reader/writer - the previous owner lost it and can't remember what it was like.

I know it's a 240 volt unit, but there's no label, or any other indication, to say what the input voltage is - I'm fairly certain that it will be 6 or 9 volts DC because it's got a single pin socket, and I can get a stepdown/multivolt adapter from Argos, if I haven't already got an adapter intended for something else. I could try with 6 volts and see what happens, but I'd rather be certain. So if anyone's got one, can you let me know what it is privately.

Thanks.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK