In a message dated 4/18/2006 7:25:18 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>My  husband and I are planning and preparing to dress a small hall for  the
>local old people in a victorian style christmas  decoration.
>I am thinking of adding a lace piece but don't know what  would be best to
do.
>My mind keeps thinking perhaps some sort of  special star decoration, or
candle
>type pieces to decorate the  christmas tree.
>Does anyone else have any ideas which might help  me.  Obviously Prince
Albert
>started many traditions from his home  country when he married Victoria.

At the Lace Museum, we decorate Christmas trees with balls that have lace  on
them.  We also sell these balls in December; you can see them on the  Museum
web page,  _www.thelacemuseum.org_ (http://www.thelacemuseum.org) .  They are
very beautiful but fitting the lace onto a ball requires skill and some  knowl
edge of hand stitching techniques.

You start by cutting out small motifs from the lace you have and gluing  them
on the balls.  If there are two or three small motifs, it is necessary  to
join them by sewing.

One of our volunteers  also decorates balls with strips of  tatting.  You
could also use pieces of tape lace .

Our balls will be on sale at the Museum  in November  when the  Christmas
display is put up.  However, I think we can fill orders for them  now, if
anyone
needs early Christmas balls.

Elaine Merritt
The Lace Museum