Thank you Jean,
I didn't know if it was available in this country although I couldn't find
it on the google stuff.  I would love to do the hummingbird that has been
shown by a couple of others and am intrigued as to what other pieces are on
there, whether the patterns for the heart and other small things are
available through using the DVD or not.  I started learning the braids,
(very early stages) recently but had to put them down to complete some other
urgent projects but want to get back to them.   The difficulty about buying
books, Videos or DVD's, sight unseen, is that you can end up with lots of
them and still not want to do the patterns they contain.  The heart, and the
hummingbird seem to be beautiful and also just the sort of early work
I might manage once I have practised the braids a little, rather than some
of the fabulous but pretty difficult other things in the two Milanese books
I have.  Progression rather than trying to swim the channel before I can
swim a width of the pool:-)
Our DVD player can play US stuff, so that isn't a problem. I keep hunting and not finding much info at all about it. If anyone can give me an idea of the sorts of patterns on this dvd I would be grateful.
Sue T, Dorset UK.

Sue wrote:

<Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase the DVD of Louise
Colgan's
Milanese Lace, in the UK, preferably?>

Unless the DVD is unrestricted as to region, won't there be a problem
playing it here unless you have an all region DVD or your DVD is capable
of playing region 1. I think the US is region 1 - we're region 2. You'd
best check before buying.

There are ways of getting a code specific to each make of DVD player from
the internet to reprogramme them through the remote control so that they
play all regions, but I haven't had the courage to try it in case I muck
mine up.

Videos from the US are a problem if your VCR won't play NTSC format - all
three in our house will. I've transferred most of my videos to DVD
(personal backups, so legal) by straight copying from one machine to
another (there's a special SCART lead which filters out the copy-protect
signal), but the ones I have from the US would be so time consuming and
have to be done through the computer, that I'm leaving them as they are
and hope I'll always be able to play videos. I'd add that I'm only doing
this where a DVD isn't available and I'm staying legal by keeping the
videos.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to