Alice wrote:
  <And having lace on garments is coming back in fashion.>

  I was at the hairdressers last week reading one of those magazines that just
have lots of things to buy.  It had an article about lace including lace
wallpaper, but the thing that caught my eye was a tote bag made of raffia or
straw with a border at the bottom of about four 3" squares of Irish crochet.
There was also some crochet on the large fastener.  What got my interest and
astonishment was the price - $3,500.  It was by Dolce & Gabanna <sp>  Some
people must have more money than sense but it was good to see lace on unusual
items.

  Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/