Lace??? The definition I like is:
                      "Lace is air surrounded by thread."
 BarbE   ;-D))))
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brenda Paternoster
  To: Andrea Lamble
  Cc: [email protected]
  Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 2:29 PM
  Subject: Re: [lace] definition of bobbin lace


  OK, that almost describes how lace is made!

  As the list is fairly quiet at present I'll ask the question "What is
  Lace?"
  It's something I discussed with my class a few months back so I've
  already got lots of suggestions and criticisms of several printed
  definitions.

  Brenda
  On 2 Jun 2006, at 15:19, Andrea Lamble wrote:

  > How about this for a quaint definition of lace-making:
  >
  > "Of particularly beauty is the bobbin lace. From a sketch on a
  > cardboard placed on a bench with a cushion and on which pins are
  > placed (which hold the knots which make the lace), the lace-makers
  > manage skilfully the bobbins - little cylinders to hold the string".
  >
  Brenda
  http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

  -
  To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
  unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]



  --
  No virus found in this incoming message.
  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
  Version: 7.1.394 / Virus Database: 268.8.1/354 - Release Date: 6/1/2006

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to