On Monday, June 5, 2006, at 02:54  PM, Jean Nathan wrote:

a pair of replica Batavia bobbins. Our tutor drew two names out of a hat, and one lucky lady was given the bobbins, and the other the needlecase.

I asked if she knew if anyone was selling the replica bobbins, but she said that the person who turned them is very ill and is unlikely to be making more. Does anyone in Australia know if one of your suppliers is selling them?

A number of years ago I bought a pair of those bobbins at the Lace Place, in Hyden. I don't know if the bobbin maker is the one referred to above, but here's the Lace Place's website:
http://www.waverock.com.au/lace.htm

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada
Visit the Seaspray Guild of Lacemakers web site:
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/quinbot/seaspray/SeasprayLaceGuild.html

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to