Hi Andrea !

An interesting observation!  I don't have that publication, but I have noticed
the same effect in other books and magazines.  Try this:  turn the picture
upside down.   Now does it look right?  Sometimes the publishers make mistakes,
and turn photos upside down - especially when there isn't something in the
picture to make it obvious  "which end is up"!

But it does beg the question...  why does it work that way?  I don't have an
answer  -

;)

Clay

Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA  USA
--
Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA

---- Andrea Lamble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
Hi Jenny et al,

Yep, definitely says 1/06 on the cover. Does anyone else get the optical
illusion effect with the piece illustrated on p37 (a very pleasant torchon
piece) - when you start to look at it it appears as you would expect - ecru
lace taken on a white background - as you continue looking at it, slightly
changing your focal length it looks like it has been 'quilted' on to some
white fabric. All very intriguing.

Happy lacing

Andrea Lamble
Cambridge, UK - where it is cooler and raining (gently) although as I type
thunder is rolling in the distance.