HI Nicky,

thankyou very much for the idea about using Shirring Elastic for the garter, it sounds a very good way to do it, anything has to be better than the ordinary elastic and trying to hide it behind a length of ribbon, it never seems to work. I have a couple of months to get the garter finished by so will use your idea. I think I even have some white shirring elastic at the bottom of my sewing box.

Many Thanks.
Jenny DeAngelis.
Spain.

Hi Jenny
Both my husband and I have now made several wedding garters. The method I
use for finishing them off is this. I use shirring elastic and run ribbon
only through the middle section. The shirring elastic is carefully sewn
along both edges of lace next to the middle, once stitched I then carefully
pull up the shirring elastic so that the garter is gathered and then knot
the ends of shirring elastic and cut off the excess (which I use for other