On Jul 17, 2006, at 13:44, Cindy Rusak wrote:

Dear Spiders travelling to Montreal,

I'm not sure what kind of exchange rate you will get at the airport but most of those services have a fee associated with them. You should check the conditions of your debit card.

I agree. I've been using my debit card every time I travel, whether within US or abroad. My bank charges a fee for withdrawing money form a bank other than itself (thankfully, more and more branches of it are springing around US <g>) but it's still smaller than that charged by my credit card and the exchange rate always seems better, too. Just don't forget to prime up the pump (your checking account) before you leave and request a paper slip which will tell you how much you have left.

Clay is right that the cash cows in the Convention hotels tend to run dry at the most inopportune moments. It is therefore advisable to scope out other possibilities within easy walking distance, or to fortify your purse when you're out to dinner/sightseeing, etc.

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/