To: "lace-digest" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 4:15 PM
Subject: [lace] Montreal/taxes

I was talking with a friend this week and she had just returned from a 10 day stay at the same Hyatt hotel. She said her husband had caught the shuttle bus to the Sheraton and walked about a block to the Hyatt. I think he was unaware of the courtesy shuttles from the bus station in Montreal. As I understand it there is a central desk where you go for taxi and limo rides, taxi costs about $30 and limo $50. I suggest if you are on your own, you hover around that area and look for someone else carrying lots of luggage, especially with lace logo's, and looking lost so you can share a ride. She also said that the hotel can claim back your taxes on accomodation for you and reimburse you by making a tax deduction on your hotel bill. It is probably worth asking about it before you check out. Not wishing to upset you all but she got a lot lower rate than we are paying! She was on a "Friends and Family" package.

I think whichever Arachne gets there first should check out the hotel for a reasonable luncheon spot and place a notice on the usual IOLI notice board near convention registration. It is hard to plan without seeing a detailed itinerary, but I assume Monday lunch will be "on your own". I am not arriving until Sunday afternoon and have to give a report to the IOLI Board then. I will be seeing Devon in class the next morning so I can remind her, but I have been warned not to chat in Ulrike's class.
 Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/