From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Jo Falkink
Sent: 06 August 2006 21:59
To: arachne
Subject: Re: [lace] Re London

Thanks for the quick responses, my compilation so far:

The Royal and Albert museum sounds like a safe option as there would be
enough other things to see when my husband gets bored. However, in my
husbands opinion museums should be reserved for rainy days. I suppose London
has enough of them, but only 4 days (3 nights) might also be just sunny.

Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace will most likely be on the program from
a general touristic point of view. Probably Kensington Palace too. I'll
check for details so I won't miss something interesting.

The fan-museum sounds reachable too, at its website sais it's only 30
minutes by boat, perhaps faster by underground / Light Railway though we
might loose time when changing trains. Would the boat trip be an additional
touristic attraction too?

But I have to be carefull to make it a trip for us both and not biased too
much to my interest. Once I've been very lucky. The exhibition I wanted to
visit, was under one roof with old-timers (cars) so that sounded OK
allready. Uppon entering my husband recognised the owner as a former boss!
So he had a good time with him, and I with his wife. Private guided tours as
their were no other visitors at the time.

The torch and "wearing a small visible bit of lace" sounds like a good idea,
but I don't know yet exactly what. Usually I frame my projects. But at least
I have my bookmark sleeves with rejected fragments to put in the tourist
guide. I'm afraid Pat Earnshaw's "The identification of lace" (the Dutch
translation) will be too heavy for our usual hand-luggage-only strategy.

The date is not fixed yet, I don't know yet what all the variables are.

Jo Falkink