Hello Sue

There are links to the manufacturers of most of these threads which Robin mentioned on my website:
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/threads/manufacturers.html
(I have just found that the links to Amann and Coats&Clark are not working, need to investigate)

Silk threads also from Caron, Aurora, Bart & Francis, Habu Textiles, Treenway, De Vere

In UK Gutermann is probably easiest to find, with Pipers having the biggest selection for mail order.

As with all the other BL threads there is a wide variety of sizes and types. Sun silk is softer and easier to use for BL. Reeled (filament) silk is shinier and stronger but slippery to use. Floss silk, intended for satin stitch embroidery, has very little twist and will snag easily. As with everything else you pay your money and you make your choice.

Brenda

I have never yet used silk, never found any, seen any to buy, so I
better look harder, I guess it is about time I did.
Some of the pieces worked certainly deserve that type of thread.

Gutermann thread is European.

Then there's YLI (USA, I think)

and Tire (Japan),

The third source I know of for silk BL threads was Kreinik,

I also got some Oliver Twists in silk

There's Mulberry silks in the UK.

And of course there's Piper's.

Brenda
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to