Lorri Ferguson wrote:

I was just at my local JoAnne's and found Gutermann Silk
thread in the 'sewing thread section'.  There were about
a dozen colors (on spools just like cotton sewing
thread).  I plan to return and pick up a supply.  The
thread had a shine and the colors were beautiful but
limited.  So check at your local sewing supply shops.

Guetermann silk thread is spun silk -- this is less important in lace than in sewing, but if you are accustomed to reeled silk, you could get some surprises. Also check the yardage carefully. When I last lived near a shop where Guetermann was sold, the only clue that I was getting buttonhole silk rather than sewing silk was a smaller number of yards on the spool.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/
http://n3f.home.comcast.net/ -- Writers' Exchange
http://www.timeswrsw.com/craig/cam/ (local weather)
west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.
where fall is setting in.

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to