I wasn't questioning whether or not the Lce Guild was aware of the CD, but whether or not they are aware that Alan and Barry are marketing it as "Lace Guild CD", which, to me, implies it is a Lace Guild product. As a member of the Lace Guild, I wouldn't want to be associated with it.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK
----- Original Message ----- From: liz thackray
 To: 'Lace'
 Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:39 AM
 Subject: RE: [lace] Lace CD (again) question


There was mention of the CD at the Lace Guild summer school - I know someone
 had copies there, but I didn't actually look at it.  I'm pretty sure you
 will find that the Lace Guild is well aware of the CD and did assist in
 providing source material for it.

 Although I accept all that has been said about the CD, I think we perhaps
 have to remember it is not aimed at the lace community but at card makers
and that their requirements are different from ours. There may well be some value in getting old patterns into the public domain, even if we do not like the way it is being done or the quality of the product. I must admit I have
 considered buying a copy of the CD for card making friends.

 Cheers

 Liz in West Sussex

 -----Original Message-----
 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
 Jean Nathan
 Sent: 05 September 2006 08:24
 To: Lace
 Subject: [lace] Lace CD (again) question

I had a thought in the night - Aland and Barry whoever are advertising their
 "lace" CD on their web site as "Lace Guild CD". Does the Lace Guild know
they are marketing it as this? Did they give permission for them to use the
 organisation's name in marketing? Are they paying a royalty to the Lace
 Guild?

 I'll email the Lace Guild and ask them if they're aware of it.

 Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK

 -
 To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
 unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 -
 To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
 unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to