Hello Jackie

It probably is linen - or just possibly hemp or manilla or some other vegetable fibre. Slubs are very characteristic of linen. Is it plied or a singles yarn?

If it's working up in a way that you like then yes, it's worth a mint.

Brenda

On 28 Sep 2006, at 09:17, Jackie Bowhey wrote:

When I got home and had a closer look at it I didn't think it was suitable for candlewicking but had no use for it at the time.. There are 5 what I call hanks - like knitting yarn/wool used to come. They appear to be all the same kind of thread but only one has a label/band around it and the writing is in Chinese/Japanese. One hank was very loose so I've been winding it and now I feel pretty sure it is linen. It isn't smooth like cotton has no sheen and has slubs. It is working nicely for a Biggins pattern that calls for Finca Bolillos 30 or 40.

I reckon it is worth a mint!!! What do you say??

Brenda
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to