We are much too far for Ithaca even though I wish I
could go.  However, the Portland Lace Guild had their
annual Lace Day yesterday -- and celebrated their 35th
year anniversary.

We are lucky to have one lace vender with the full
range of supplies who is willing to drive three hours
to get to us.  We also had 4 specialty venders with
their things, plus a consignment table for members.

Four Make It and Take It projects were set up in the
hall for people to do on their own.  There were three
small classes for those interested -- a Torchon leaf
pattern, tatting, and Romanian Point Lace sample
project.

The guild provides large submarine sandwiches, and,
this year, an anniversary cake.  Members bring snack
foods to go with this.  There's always lots to eat.

Everyone got door prizes, and one person got a Grand
Door Prize of a lacemaking video. (Thanks, Henzel
Productions!!) This year it was a new lacemaker, so
the video will be put to good use.

By the end of the day, our pocketbooks were lighter,
our tote bags were heavier, a bit of lace probably was
made, and friendships were extended or begun.  Thus,
another Lace Day blends into history, while we start
planning for Next Year.

We couldn't go to Ithaca, but we had our own Lace
Celebration.  If you are in Oregon next year on
October 1, come join us for our 2007 Lace Day.

Happy lacing,
Alice in Oregon -- where it's raining a bit, but
supposed to be sunny the rest of the week.