I have googled and saw lots of pretty lace,  a few bobbins  and no
definitions on the size of the pins.

Generally Tonder uses very fine, long pins. I'm no Tonder expert, but I feel the finer pins are better because you use very fine thread and you often close your pins (ie, C-T-T, pin, C-T-T). If the pin is wider than two twists of the thread, then the thread starts having to go an extra distance to get around the pin, and the pin itself is changing the shape of your lace. I don't know if I've explained this very well - hope you understand what I'm getting at.

But, if you're taking a beginner class, they might use a thicker thread (in the class I took at PNWC this June the beginners used size 120 thread; more advanced students used 160). If you're using the 120 cotton you might be perfectly happy with the normal fine lace pins of .55 mm or so.

I used the 160 cotton at my class and I remember being glad that I had brought the very fine Tonder pins, which were already in my stash. Unfortunately I bought the pins a while back and I don't recall the brand name of the pin or what size they were. But, I just put some side by side and measured - 9 pins cover about 3.5 mm, so I guess they're about .4 mm each. Lovely pins. Wish I could get more, though I do recall they were very expensive!

Hope this helps. And - if anybody recognizes these pins from the description I've given, and knows where I can get more, do let me know.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)