I have been making leaves in the Brioude style for quite a while now. However, I can't bring my right thumb over to pick up the bobbins.

I've been following this discussion in some bewilderment because I could have sworn there weren't any instructions in my Cluny de Brioude book that involve strange and difficult thumb movements. I've just looked again - still can't see anything.

Is this mysterious thumb movement something you heard in a Cluny de Brioude class, or is it in the book and I've missed it?

When I look at the illustration I see what I call 'pumpkin seed' leaves. I've been making those for a few years now (thanks to kindly instructions from this list) and so I just continued making them the way I originally taught myself. Please tell me what the thumb thing is all about. Enquiring minds want to know.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)