Helllo one and all,

The 2006 Arachne Christmas Card Exchange is coming closer and closer, it
is nearly time to post our efforts to each other - but before it goes in
the post ...... please remember that we (Arachne) would like to see your
efforts placed online - which is where this email comes in.

The 2004 Arachne Christmas Card Exchange photos are at
http://homepage.mac.com/bejoyce/arachne/ and
the 2005 Arachne Christmas Card Exchange photos are at
http://homepage.mac.com/bejoyce/arachne2005/

I am sure I speak for all Arachne when I say that I would like to express
our appreciation and thanks for the past efforts of Barbara Joyce from
Snoqualmie, WA, USA who displays the 2004 and 2005 cards. Thank you
Barbara, I will try to carry the baton well.

This year I have volunteered to put the photos online and am asking you
to assist me in the following;

Could you please take a photograph or scan of your cards before you post
them? Then email (or snail mail) your favourite ones of those photos to
me, to be added to our 2006 Arachne Christmas Card Exchange Showcase?

I would prefer you

  * ATTACH the photos to the email (I can resize them for you if you
    wish)

  * do not resize too small - we would like to see the picture without
    the 'fuzzy'

  * note if you would like me to leave the photo alone (I may edit
    backgrounds out etc)

  * Include in the email - Your name, town and country

  * Include in your email - where you got the design, designer (if
    known), pricking size, threads used, or any other information you
    would like to see

  * If it is your own design, please let me know if you are willing to
    sell/give the pattern to other Arachnians

As it is getting close to that time now, I thought I would put a few
(hopefully) helpful tutorials online at
www.brandis.com.au/2006/emails.html to assist you when it comes time to
send me the photos of your cards. I can send you my snail mail address if
you do not have a scanner/digital camera and do not have access to any.
Alternately the recipient may have this ability so when you post the
card, ask if they would do the honours this time.

If you have any questions or suggestions about this, please email.

Jenny Brandis
Kununurra, Western Australia

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.brandis.com.au/craft/lace.html