I should think 70 degrees was a bit much. I usually do 52 degrees and like it a lot. I have seen Bucks done at 60 degrees, strikes me as a bit tame, however. -- Aurelia

I have spent an exciting 16 days opening the doors to the advent calender and
finding the lovely lace designs and pictures as well as new lace patterns and
have a question about todays (16th pattern by Jean Leader).  It is a lovely
little pattern in Bucks point, I just wondered what grid angle it would have
been drawn on.  I have done plum pudding once before and have a complete photo
frame piece of it but when I did this It was the first proper bucks point
pattern I worked.  Now I am trying to learn design as well I am interested to
find out a little more about it.  Pamela Nottingham mentions in her book that
bucks point is worked between 52 and 70 deg.  How would you decide
specifically, ?
I have been playing with my program and finally managed to come up with one
pattern I am going to work, but that is on a Torchon grid, haven't yet got
into Bucks point, but that is partly due to this variation in degrees which I
am stumped at.
Many Thanks,
Sue T, Dorset UK