Oh my goodness!

Until I went to some of these websites, I had no recollection at all of these dolls, but sure enough... I made them too, as a child!!

I remember that the head of the doll was shaped over a styrofoam ball which was about an inch in diameter. It did end up as a cute little body which we dressed in the height of fashion - created with our own "expert" design and sewing skills. Given those bits of information, I can't IMAGINE why none of those dolls showed up in my Mom's treasures after she died!!! (VBG)

Thanks for the fun memories! I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Christmas day. The first wave of guests left today - and their visit was wonderful. We leave Christmas Day to spend 24 hours with DD and family, and then we'll return to receive another houseguest who will help us bring in the new year. This afternoon, I managed to spend a couple of hours at my pillow, and made lots of lovely tallies... am working a very demanding pattern at the moment, which requires sharp attention to the journeys of pairs. It was bliss!!
Enjoy the season, find time to make lace, and stay safe and healthy!!

Clay


Jean Nathan wrote:
Since posting this morning, I've found several web sites with instructions for these dolls. Slight variations, but all basically the same thing. The main difference between these and the ones I make is that I cut the tops of the loops of mine for hair and make the hanging thread from the thread wound round the top of the head.


http://www.aokcorral.com/how2mar2000.htm

http://www.makingfriends.com/yarn_doll.htm

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art26508.asp

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/crafting/article/0,1789,HGTV_3352_1399772,00.html

http://www.worldplay.org/paw/kidscorner/yarndolls.html

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to