My EXCEL spreadsheet on bobbin and needlelace references now has 5828 entries.
The items I record for each work are:
Author
Title
Publication date
Language
Media
Numberd pages
Category
Type
ISBN
Editor or Curator
Publication Series
Publisher
Printed by
Copyright information

I have a multipage guide as to how things should be added to the spreadsheet,
with further explanations of the items above.
Personally, I favor Filemaker Pro for the search function - it can read in
EXCEL spreadsheets and has a flexible search option.
If anyone wants a copy of the bibliography, I'll be happy to send you one.
Laurie Waters