I thought of another difference between Bucks and Tønder.

In Bucks as you work from the lace into the headside, after you cross the
gimp, you twist the workers (twice?) before working through the headside
passives. Likewise, after you've made the picot, you work back through the
passives and twist the workers before crossing the gimp and going back into
the lace.

In Tønder, you may twist before crossing the gimp (depending on your lace),
but no twists after. That is, you cross the gimp and work directly through
the headside passives, with no twist on the workers between the gimp and the
headside passives. Likewise, after making the picot, you work back through
the headside passives, and without twisting the workers, cross the gimp, and
continue with the lace.

The effect of all this is that in Bucks we see a separation between the gimp
and the headside passives, but in Tønder, the gimp and the headside passives
appear to be a single unit.

Hope this helps,

Barbara (whose last name is Joyce)

Snoqualmie, WA