Flak???  NO... Agreement!

I have said the same thing to my students and to
myself.  People see the item as a whole piece, and
can't imagine how on earth it was made.  Only another
lacemaker (or a lace judge) will be able to pick out
the mistake or joining or whatever.

I have to tell on myself.  This week I finished a
large motif and found myself holding an extra pair at
the final point.  No way was I going to undo 50-60
hours of work to find where it was supposed to go.  I
just threw it back knowing that sooner or later I'd
find where the pair was supposed to be.  Sure enough,
inches away I came up short.  I just tied in a new
pair at that place and kept going. Only I will know
where I did it.  A multitude of things can be hidden
in the design and pattern of a piece of lace.

Alice in Oregon