Sue Duckles wrote:
> I've heard of the bags and thought about  making one, but what
> position is the pillow carried in - tilted, horizontal or vertical!

Lace pillows can be carried vertically or horizontally. I think that
the bobbins would have to be secured for a journey whichever style you
chose. This is a link to an example of a  bag which carries the pillow
horizontally.
http://www.tiny.cc/0jmmJ

This one shows a vertical bag.
http://www.tiny.cc/uLutQ

I have made both kinds of bag and personally prefer a vertical bag to
carry the pillow with handles long enough to use on my shoulder, this
isn't possible with the horizontal type. I used the ebay examples
purely for illustration as I haven't bought from either of these
sellers.

> Also, how can you make the 'wooden' bobbin holders, rather than
> using stitch holders

Tongue depressors are a better choice than card, these are probably
available from a chemist or make a google search, together with some
round cord elastic. It is necessary to drill two holes at one end and to
cut two v shaped notches at the other end. Thread the elastic through
the holes and knot together leaving enough length of elastic when
slightly stretched to hook the loop onto the notches. I've never made
any but friends have made them.

Eve
London, UK.