In a message dated 1/26/07 8:31:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I was introduced to bobbin lace making by my husband's aunt, who lives in
> England.  She showed me how to do it, but unfortunately where I live don't
> seem to have much of a support base.  I am still fascinated with bobbin lace
>
> making though, so have really been enjoying the posts to this list as well
> as the video links...thanks so much.  It is amazing how much work bobbin
> lace making involves.

Dear Kathi,

Look at:

www.minnlacesociety.org

www.internationaloldlacers.org  (Large American Lace Guild, which has 28
members who live in Minnesota).

You should be able to find lacemakers demonstrating at state and local fairs,
street fairs, historic house museums.  You may be able to get references from
owners at independently-owned quilt or yarn shops.  And, your state may have
a state fiber arts organization, with state or national endowment for the arts
funding.  Ask at any museum how to find the state arts commission to help you
find fiber artists.  Also, members of the Embroiderers' Guild of America and
American Needlepoint Guild should be able to point you in the correct
direction -- to people who make lace, teach lace, and can provide information
about
where to buy supplies.  Needlelace instruction is offered by these
organizations, and the teachers of needlelaces will know of bobbin lacemakers.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center