Dear Barbara,
Many thanks for such a great website.

I am now navigating my way around the large corner (almost half way) and those section of vertical dots which we discussed at length on Arachne are turning out superbly. I'm using one of the filling stitches which Tamara sent, and I'm fairly sure it's the one which was on the original.

Have made a couple of major alterations in that the petals all the way round the edge are now in half stitch. I just could not get the whole stitch looking as good. The branch of tallies at the corner was also tricky to get started, but it's come out just fine without too much "language".

David in Ballarat

I've had a request for smaller images for those with dial-up connections.
Rather than remove the large images, I've made an alternate page. You can
access either from the original page
http://homepage.mac.com/bejoyce/OldLace/

Or go straight to David's page,

Large images: