Hello Everybody,
Today I looked through all my material about Goldlace from the time of Rennaissance and I asked two ladies which are specialiced for that subject. The material they used in that time wasn't, in Europe, not gold- or silver-wire. It was pur gold or silver thread ovr a soul of silk. We name such a thread Gespinst but I can't find the English word for it. The pattern of that time weren't only plaited laces. It excist still a sort of Torchon with plaits in it. The pattern in Le Pompe weren't only for laces for embroidery and weaving too. In 1550 Matteo Pagano published a book with patterns and described in it how to make Reticella needle lace. The other pattern books were for several purposes.
Greetings

Ilske