Lacemakers:

This inquiry was sent to the L.A.C.E. Guild website. In an effort to lend her
a hand, we are posting it here with permission.
If anyone can answer Helen's questions or direct her further in her search,
would you send your reply to her directly, please.
____________

I am seeking information on the lacemaking industry in Chicago in 1879.  My
great-great-grandmother, Wilhelmine Scherer, was a lacemaker, according to her
death certificate.  (Previous married name was Meinhardt/Meinhart/Minehart).
She died 31 Oct 1879, 59 Burling Street, Chicago, KS, at age 71 (death
certificate) or 68 (Graceland Cemetery record). A descendant inherited a
business card of M. A. Minehart & Co., Chicago Lace Goods Novelty Co., 152 &
154 Wabash Ave. Chicago, IL. Is anybody in L.A.C.E. familiar with this
company, which is listed in Chicago city directory in 1881?  Any information
or suggestions on where to search would be greatly appreciated.  I can give
you more info from the business card if it would be helpful.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:  913-294-3882

Thank you,
Susie Johnson