On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:15:16 -0800 (PST), Susan wrote:

>What is a good source of finer knitting and tatting threads from say 20 to 80
>in unusual colors?
>
>It seems like whatever I see is either a version of white, ecru/cream or
>black, and it would be nice to do some things in ususual colors or jewel tones.

We could give you more useful answers if you tell us where in the world you
are.

For size 70/80 threads then look for Coats/Anchor Fils a Dentelles and DMC
Special Dentelles .   There are now Turkish thread companies producing
similar thread which usually seems to be at slightly cheaper prices.  One of
the companies is Altin Basak.

A UK supplier that I have used is:
http://www.roseground.com/products/cat/36/product/260
That colour chart has some nice bright colours for you.
--
Money can't buy everything. That's what credit cards are for.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]