Well, dear Spiders,

Here I am on my last night NY city, won't mention the margheritas consumed
this evening !!  At least 7 hours  a day (for the past 3 days)
wandering  around  NY. Managed to fit in a visit to the Museum of Art and
Design, and saw the wonderful exhibit "Radical Lace and Subversive Knitting"
- it was fantastic - loved it. My top 3 were (in no particular order) the
knitted figure "craft kills", with knitting needles stabbing through the
body; the tatted circular table cloth with gorgeous 3D skulls attached all
around; and the tiny knitted garments - 2 jumpers (pull-overs/sweaters?) and
a pair of gloves, knitted using medical wire, absolutely amazing. Loved it,
loved it, loved it. Yes, a broad definition of "lace " and "lace-making",
but PLEASE let's keep lace-making alive!!!!

Jen in Melbourne (temporarily in NY - about to travel home, starting midday
tomorrow - 20 hours!!!)

 :)