I've never seen anything like them, but I'm wondering if they aren't some kind of peg used in all-wood carpentry. You see some of them have metal bits married in, and in shape they're more like commonly available metal nails and pegs than they are like lace bobbins! Can't think what the spool thingies are for, though.

Adele
North Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)

Someone must know what these are, listed as lacemaking bobbins:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lot-4-Vintage-Antique-Lace-Making-Bobbin- Bobbins_W0QQitemZ140112007729QQihZ004QQcategoryZ134591QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI tem

tinied:

http://tinyurl.com/ynklrg

or search for item number:

140112007729

If you click on "view sellers's other items", he/she's got two other lots of similar items, but one has a couple of wooden spools and one of these things.