I am not a lace expert, but sewing expert , <smile> and though I am looking at
the Queen's lace, it appears that there may be a bit of passementerie on the
edging of the scallops.   There is a seam on the collar, which could have been
executed more invisibly, which indicates to me that the tailor/seamstress was
more of just that, and less knowledgeable about lace and to rework the
commercial goods so the join was nearly invisible.

I also have to question why one would put lace on a fabric that appears to be
pique, which is considered more casual than lace, but the rules have been bent
over time...

The tailoring is quite well done though, and I Love the millinery, which has
faded so over time and become nearly a lost art.

Yes, it would have been lovely for her to have worn some handmade lace, and
more importantly if so, it should be applied to a satisfactory suiting
befitting the dressy enhancement.

On a side note I enjoy seeing that she wears her pins/brooches correctly on the
left.  More and more I have noted people wearing adornments on their right,
which is relegated to  name tags and the like with hand shaking, and how this
societal conditioning has blurred the "rules" of dressing.  <smile>  On a US
show, they noted that the Princes girlfriend seems to be estranged, and then
they noted that the girlfriends mother was noted chewing gum at a more formal
function and related.  It was given in the media that the various infringements
were arrogant, and yet each of them featured (I don't remember them all) were
all indications of lack of awareness, but more imporantly respect for others.
I digressed...<grin>

Best,
Susan Reishus