--- Laurie Waters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase a
> lace pillow of the type used
> for Tignes or Cogne lace? These are the narrow
> width, large diameter hollow
> hoop-type pillows used with 'freehand' lace.

If you could contact someone in that area, it might be
possible.

I heard/read somewhere about a person who made her
own.  She used the largest automotive air filter of
the circular kind that she could find, then padded it
to receive the pins, and wrapped the whole thing.  I
think it was a bit smaller than the pillow shown in a
past OIDFA publication.

Good luck with your quest.

Alice in Oregon -- currently visiting in Oklahoma
where they have had 22 straight days with some rain.
Mostly it's hot and humid, and muddy.

There must be some other things in our current society
that would make a sturdy circular base.  A century
back, an iron wagon wheel rim would have been great.