In a message dated 7/16/07 2:46:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I must correct the impression that Jeri is giving, the EG magazine,
> Embroidery, is talking of the collection at the Museum of Costume and
> Textiles in Nottingham, the museum is now closed to the public but all of
> their collections may be viewed by private appointment with Jeremy, he also
> still runs 'hands on' days based on a particular theme, details of these can
>
> be found in the local What's on in Nottingham Guide. Jeremy Farrell is still
>
> the curator of the museum and the address given is that of the museum..
> --------------------
Dear Friends of Lace,

This is to apologize if I mis-led you with my memo about the Embroiderers'
Guild article regarding the museum lace collections in Nottingham:

"In the current July/August 2007 issue of "Embroidery" - the official
magazine of  Embroiderers' Guild in the UK, there is a 6-page article starting
on
page 40,  "Nottingham Museums".  (No mention of the Trent University project.)
There is also a photo and article on page 49 about a  hollie point sampler in
the Embroiderers' Guild collection.

"Perhaps there are members of EG within UK lace clubs, and you can read their
copy of the magazine for more information."
---------------
As you can see, I tried to make it clear I was writing about the museums in
Nottingham, not about Trent University.  It was my intent to give information
that would be helpful to anyone planning a visit to Nottingham - contact
information that could be used while planning a visit.  This was because we
have (in
recent years) lamented the museum situation in Nottingham -- the closing of
one excellent museum being of most concern to members of Arachne.  So concerned
were we, that many of us participated in a letter writing campaign to save
that museum.

By quoting as much as possible from the EG article, I hoped it would sit in
Arachne archives until someone needed to reference it for a web site or
telephone number.  There is so much printed reference material in my resource
collection that it has become difficult to find a specific publication when a
question is raised on Arachne months after it has been put in storage.

Hoping all the lovely lace collections we love to visit in the UK are safe
from floods this week.  And also, that no lacemakers have suffered a loss from
the heavy rains.

Kind regards,

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center