Dear Friends,
I've been thinking about the half hitch on my bobbins as I used them today and trying to figure out why it held so well and when in fact it does slip.

I have come to the conclusion that as I make lace, I simply pick the bobbins up and put them down. However, when I make a tally, it is then that the bobbin is likely to actually roll a bit in my hand and that is when the hitch is likely to let extra thread out - particularly the left hand bobbin of the 4.

So perhaps you could think about this tomorrow as you make lace and see whether your bobbins are simply going up and down, or whether you are rotating them a little each time you pick them up, and if you think yours are rotating is that when your hitches are not holding so well.

I'd bee most interested in your thoughts.

David in Ballarat