I didn't make a piece of lace for our 40th, but Diane Miller made me a pair of bone bobbins - one had the date of the wedding and flowers from my bouquet painted on it and the other had the date of the anniversary and a ruby coloured rose. She also painted the beads - my initials and the date of the wedding on one and DH's initial and the date of the anniversay on the other. They're in daily use.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK