Tess wrote:

<For those who prefer the printed to the CD version of books, I wonder
if you have heard of the site <lulu.com>?  It is a publishing house
which will print and bind any pdf book you send them. >

In addition from fiddling about to get print as I want it, I use the booklet printing facility of Adobe reader (under the "Print scaling" section on the print window) to print the books I want from the archive to print on both sides of the paper, in two passes (choose front side for the first pass and back side for the second) because my printer won't print both sides at once as apparently some do. You just need to make sure you put the paper in the correct way round for the second pass. Prints an A5 booklet.

The I bind them with the comb binder I recently bought - they're really cheap now, and combs able to take various numbers of sheets are only pennies each. One of the most useful purchases I've made. I didn't realise when I bought it just how useful it would be.

I've also rebound the A4 booklets I have which have been self-published by lace groups and individuals, which had a slide for a spine to hold the pages together. I much prefer to be able to fold the pages back flat round themselves so I only have one A4 sheet taking up space.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to