Try Rio Grande at http://riogrande.com/
Click on Virtual Library, then on display and packaging, then search for display pins.

Nickel plated pins, in either silver or gold colored, 5/16th" wide by x 7/8" long, are $2.95. For a thousand.

This is where I've bought my jewelry making stuff for years. They've always been very reliable and helpful. And, at least for the US customers, catalogs are free and lots of fun to browse.

Cherry Knobloch
Chesapeake, Va
USA
Where it's a drippy day but I spent the last 4 days making patterns for a series of spider plaques, and now I'm going to go weave some.
http://www.earthechos.com/