Hi Lacemakers,
Shortly the IOLI Bulletin will be making its way in the mail, but as co-chair
of the host group, Land of Lincoln Lacemakers, I wanted to tell you that we
have discovered a boo-boo in the printed information about our convention in
Rockford in August 2008.

The hotel rate is quoted as $135/night for up to four occupants of a bedroom.
We realised today that the wrong figure was sent to IOLI, and that in fact the
cost of a room is $123/night for up to four occupants.  Thank goodness it is in
your favor but please get the word out to all your lacemaking friends.  I will
take the blame as I sent in the info for the registration form.  I looked at
the hotel contract for the info, but did not turn the page to see the reduced
rate that we negotiated!!  The hotel started our bargaining at $154/night so I
think we did good for our registrants.  Remember to quote Land of Lincoln when
you book your room to get the $123 rate and this year you will be able to send
your registration in on Valentines Day. Hopefully we will be able to inform the
teachers and registrants a little earlier so they can make travel plans.

Our website will be up and running soon so you might get a sneak preview before
the magazine arrives in your mailbox.  I will put that announcement on Arachne
as soon as I hear from my webmistress.

Janice Blair
co-chair - Land of Lincoln Lacemakers
(We had a committee meeting today and everyone got away before the snow started
again.  Now it's back to making flowers for me.  Happy New Year)

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/