Carol, I may be tempted to look, Brenda, Bevw, Noelene Adele and any more, thank you for you very interesting view point on this. I have had a go, put it down a while tried again, etc. As I have kept patterns for about 30 years and obviously have an interest, I would like to learn to do it. I may find like some of you, that I dont ever want to do it again, but only time will tell. Something these emails made me think about it that a couple of years ago when I tried, my husband picked up a ball of twine and after looking at the book managed to make me a necklace out of it, in tatting!!!! So maybe what I need to do is try using some of the thick nylon stuff instead of the fine crochet cotton and learn to make the stitches first and progress on to thinner and thinner once I have got it right. Noelene, I love you poems, they are so clever and always right on the mark. What a truely talented crowd in so many different areas. Thank you for your encouragement even to allow me to fail or not like it once I understand it properly, LOL. If I ever do manage to tat you will hear my yipppeee from where ever you live. <VBG>
Sue T Dorset UK

It took me a long time to learn how to 'slip the knot'. Two friends started me off making rings. Then I joined the Pompey Tatters & saw people being taught to make a chain with 2 colours. Finally I understood! Pam Palmer made a video which was available from Springetts which is very good if a bit slow in places. I don't know if it's still available.
Carole   Portsmouth UK