I love them!
I know you have to experiment to see what works and what doesn't.
My faoured uses of variegated are for trails in mats and book marks. I
sometimes use variegated throughout on a bookmark with a contrast plain colour
in fans or waevers

I was at the Chepsrow Lace Fair on Saturday nad received a
two pronged inspiration - Guterman Sulky thread (that I managed to leave
behind at the fair - many thanks to the supplier for posting it on!) and the
's Gravenmoerse book 1 - 13 bookmarks, all bar one have a variegated weaver
thread somewhere. Please can one of you complete the white hankie edging I
have on the pillow so I can start something new!

Viv
Worcestershire UK