Hi all -

I am now the proud possessor of some extremely age-discolored antique lace
bought on ebay. I dunno how the seller managed to make it look white in the
photographs, but it's actually quite (very) yellowed. Not white.

Aside from that, it's pretty.

And it's delicate.

I have a right to return it within 7 days, which I will probably do.

However, I know I've seen some information on this list about whitening lace --
and it seems to me there was some conflicting information about it.

As I recall, some of y'all said it can be bleached out by lemon juice, etc. and
sunlight, but others said it weakens the fibers too much.

In my own experience, I've had some success in whitening antique fabrics, but
not always, and not completely, ever.

What do you all think? Is it worth a try to salvage this lace for use? Or
better to just send it back so she can resell it to someone who is working with
yellowish fabrics?

Any advice will be appreciated....

Regards to all from SLC where it's warming up fast this morning,
Ricky T