Bone bobbins are my favourite and I have managed to collect quite a few over the years and in all that time I have only ever broken one as a result of dropping it on my tiled kitchen floor. I have had wooden bobbins snap off at the neck too. My advise would be to collect the type of bobbin that really appeals to you. If you are just starting out collecting bobbins don't pay too much for them until you know exactly what it is you want. A lot of the pleasure in making lace for me is the look and the feel of the smooth bone bobbins in my fingers.

Ann
Yorkshire UK